If your husband is/was in the military...

is he able to fix just about anything with anything he can find around the house to fix it with?
My ol man is ex-Navy and we call him McGyver...sometimes he just amazes me with the stuff he comes up for repairs.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 6:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well dh has never been in the service but he does that too. he didnt have some wrench to take the oil filter off the lawn mower and he did it himself. a few days later i was like --- honeywhere is my belt... (he ruined it in the process) so my dh isnt really a genius- just too cheap to pay for anything he can fix.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My husband and I were both in the Navy. And yes, he can pretty much fix anything. Though, he is an engineer now.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I was navy for 12 years, and he's still active. He's a corpsman so any fixing he does is on anyone who gets hurt, including guinea pigs. I'm the one who changed out the oven ignitor last week by myself. He wanted to call a repairman.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My hubby hasn't served but he's very handy...with lots of things, yes even household things...LOL! No but really my husband knows alot about cars and just random things I know nothing about so even though it hurts I have to be impressed with what he knows.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• LOL.........McGyver.........
    MelaniesMama

Answer by MelaniesMama at 7:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yes...ex AirForce ....he was very much like McGyver! :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My on is Coast Guard.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My husband is Army, and he sucks at fixing things. Except computers. He is good at that.
    mommie020308

Answer by mommie020308 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2010