I have to ask this? Why I it that when every one gives the same answer. There is one person I always see who get's vote downs. This person is very wise, and gives good answers. So why vote them down? Especially when every one else gave the same answer?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I get voted down plenty...because I know that sometimes the truth hurts--especially when you can't put it in a nice little box with a big red bow on it--but i don't care, and some people take political topics personally.

Whether you agree with me or not is a moot point....at the end of the day, the Obama Administration is still going to be hell bent on taking the whole country down--including those who cheer them on! I post what I post in the hopes that a few lurkers will take note, and it will influence their future voting habits.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• If I vote someone down it's because of HOW they answered, not what they answered.

I.e.
    I think you're wrong. (no vote down)
    I think you're wrong you racist and I feel bad for your kids (vote down)

Perhaps the delicate flower you feel the need to protect is rude.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 6:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I got voted down ealier today because someone didn't like that I pointed out all the good stuff my husband and his unit accomplished in Iraq... oh well, C'est La Vie.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 6:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Perhaps the women has built up a reputation? Or like you suggest some are not playing fair and voting based on personal reasons against that woman.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't know why anyone bothers with down votes. If you don't agree with a statement someone else made, why not debate it or give your own answer. I guess it makes some feel powerful to be able to down vote someone, yet it's under the cover of anonymous, so it's just as cowardly as the anon button used to be. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Certain members on the liberal side will get down votes

Anonymous

• What was the answer? Its like high school on here

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• So, I'm dying to know. Who is the apple of your eye?
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 7:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'll admit, I will down vote if the answer is particularly smug in regard to an individual poster and does not address the original question asked.

Getting a dig in a person without addressing the topic being discussed, adds zero to the debate.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The vote down thing bothers me too. If someone is down right rude, fine. However, I disagree with voting someone down just because you don't agree. I saw a question early where the woman even said in the original post "No Bashers I really want honest opinions" All answers were respectful, yet someone went thru and voted a bunch of them down. If I see someone was respectful in their response and they were just expressing their opinion, I give them a vote up,even if I disagree with them.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2010