taking metformin to get preg

hey ladies, i was just curious how many of u have gotten preg from taking metformin, how long did u take it for and how many mg's were u taking, i have pcos was on clomid and nothing and now am on my 3rd to 4th wk on metformin, just wanted to hear some stories

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 6:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on both metformin and actos. I also have PCOS. I got pregnant on my first round of an injectable fertility drug but had a very early miscarriage (had I not been going to a fertility clinic I would have just thought it was AF.) I ended up losing a lot of weight between the medications and the depression of not being able to get pregnant.

I got pregnant again on the 3rd round. He is a very happy and healthy 5.5 yr old.

Clomid didn't work for me.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I took Metformin for 7 months before getting pregnant with my 2nd baby. I took 500mg 4 times a day. I've been taking it again for the past 2 years and I'm still not pregnant. I know some people swear by it though. I plan to continue to take it even though I'm not getting pregnant since it helps me with some of my pcos symptoms.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i was taking metformin since 2003 off an on but out of no where i got pregnant in 2005 an now i am back on metformin trying to get pregnant cause the clomid is not working for me i am on 500mg three times a day i am gonna stay on it an see what happen between now an october but good luck to you an baby dust to you.
    sexylady35

Answer by sexylady35 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2010