My fiance is not going to be able to wear his wedding band on his ring finger. What should we do?

When he was 8 yrs old his finger got jammed when he was playing basketball, which caused a big cyst to form on the side/bottom of his finger and it can't be removed or anything because of the nerves and veins that are close to it.

Even if we got a ring big enough to fit, which I'm sure we could, it would probably be really uncomfortable for him to wear on that finger.

So, my question is .... what do you think he should do? Wear it on the same hand, different finger? Or the "ring finger" of the other hand? Does it really even matter? I mean, is it really THAT important which hand and which finger a man's wedding ring is on? Like people aren't going to know it's a WEDDING ring just because it happens to be on a different finger or the other hand? LoL

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• in different places people wear it on different fingers so i don't think it would matter. it's up to him to tell an available female that hits on him that he's taken bc rarely a wedding ring would stop someone from trying right!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'm not sure, though when my brother got his hand smashed he just wore his ring on a necklace.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• If he wants a wedding ring, he can wear it anywhere that the two of you decide.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think either would be fine. I think my first choice would be middle finger on left hand.. but I think the right hand middle finger would be fine too... I dont' think it matters that much.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i think if it's so uncomfortable for him, he can wear it on the same finger of his other hand.

wish you the best...
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 6:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I like what DesertRose75 said, he can wear it on a necklace. I mean, where he wears his ring should only matter to both of you, if you don't mind where he wears it or if he even wears it at all; that's all that matters.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I had these couple that use to go to our church and his DW couldn't wears hers on her ring finer cause her one side was paralized so what they did was she had to wear hers on the same finger just her right hand so her DH did the same instead of wearing his on his ring finger he wore his on the same finger you could do that.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I like the idea of both of you wearing it on the same finger, whether that's right ring finger or left middle.
    Congrats on the soon to be wedding!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Rings don't mean a thing! All that matters is that he wants to be your husband. Good luck & best wishes!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 7:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It doesn't matter where he wears his ring, or IF he wears his ring. Another option (if his doctor deems it safe) is to have a 'ring' tattooed on his ring finger. DH wants to do that because he does auto body work and doesn't want to scratch cars or new paint jobs.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2010