Does anyone have ikea reversible bed??If so what kind of

mattress do u have to buy so its not a hazard??and if you have pics it would be great to see how you have decorated it for a girl who will be 5 in sept.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have been looking at that one for DD. I believe you can buy the mattress from IKEA for it.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My DD will also be 5 In Sept. lol, the 25th.
    RheaF

• I have one and we got one mattress at ikea and the other out in town BUT I live in Germany soooo they have dif size matresses then the states do. they are much longer. I use the bed as a bunk bed for my kids.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you are talking about the Kura bed that can either be on the floor or up higher like a loft bed, DD's had hers for over 2 years (we put it together for her 3rd birthday) and we just put a regular twin size mattress on it. We've never had any problems with it (although it can be a bit of a pain to put new sheets on it.

As for the decoration part: We took chalkboard spray paint and painted the blue sides of the panels with it. Then when we put it together, we made sure the spray painted sides are out, and now she can color all over it with chalk. She loves it. (If you do this, I HIGHLY suggest you spray them AT LEAST 5 days before you put it together. We only gave it a day or two, and of course she wanted to color on it immediately; it scraped some of the paint off)
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2010