How do I stop being tempted by clothing sales?

I used to only shop when i needed something, but now i shop when I get a special offer. It causes me to overbuy. So how do i still get the best deals without going overboard?

rleer4

Asked by rleer4 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Shopping

• Maybe you could set yourself a budget. GIVE yourself a certain amount of money and do not use any more than that!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• you've got to set yourself a limit/budget, and stick to it. go cold turkey, and call the merchandisers to have your name taken off mailing lists for promos, catalogs, etc. there's a reason they send all that out..it just like being in line at the supermarket and you 'impulse buy' something right on the counter. you didn't need it, you didn't plan on getting it, but looky there, its only $1!
    if you don't know about 'sales', etc, it won't kill you to miss them. most stores put 'sales' out every week. ever notice how department stores constantly have a sale going? its not a big savings at all, if you're going every week to purchase the 'special buy'. ONLY SHOP WHEN YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL NEED FOR SOMETHING, AND LEAVE QUICKLY!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Leave your credit cards at home; shop only with cash.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• only bring the exact amount of cash you want to spend, that way if you can't afford it, you can't afford it.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I stop looking or even going out - I will give my 20% off or whatever coupons to friends if I really don't need anything
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my a list and pay cash only.lol.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010