Ignore or say something?

A UPS driver was in my lane today. Not paying attention to the road. He was looking at his clip board. I live in the rural country. And he was in my lane on the curves Very Scary.. I don't know if I try to say something or just let it go.. But reading your clipboard not paying attention to the road.. What would you do? I don't think our local UPS is in the phone book. Thank you for your replies.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ignore. I only would if I saw him/her almost run into someone or something.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Call the main company and give as many details as you can remember. Time, road, description of driver. They can take care of it. Unless it's happened before, he'll most likely get a warning. So you can be assured that he will hopefully drive safer but not loose his job.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i would call and let them know. they do like to know when their drivers are not being careful. and if is his first time he will only get a warning. if he does it a lot then he deserves to not be driving for them anyway.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• His job requires he drive safely. He's not driving safely so yes I'd tell them. They may choose to ignore it but at least you reported it. You calling may save a life.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would say something. There is no guarantee that UPS will do anything about it (hopefully they will at least talk to him). If he does it again and hits someone (hopefully not you), your conscience will be clear. Scary!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'd say something, he can easily cause an accident that way.
    Did you get an id number off the truck? That would help so the wrong person isn't reprimanded.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I never did have the balls to report someone,just cause you never know they could figure out who it was and get revenge.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would call and tell them how one of their drivers was driving. Who knows u may save somebody life. And he may have some complaint on him already.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I agree about calling the co.Tell them you dont want him to loose his job just start paying better attention to the road.If he needs to look at his clip board to pull over and stop.
    sassymomntx1961

Answer by sassymomntx1961 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would say something to the company, they are supposed to be safe drivers and next time they could cause an accident and hurt someone.
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 9:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2010