Awwwww..im going to go insane? anyone else feel like this?

I have a cat she is way over 10 years old in human years, and she is in heat...it got me drove nuts! and she is a indoor cat...soo i have to put up with her whineing all week.....do anybody else have this problem, if so what do you do to calm your nerves?
I am ready to throw my cat out the door! Help!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 7:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pets

• we use to lock ours in the back bedroom. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have never had that problem bc I fix all of my animals as soon as they are old enough to be fixed.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 7:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Get some earplugs for the time being. As soon as she comes out of heat call the vet and set up an appointment to get her spayed. Healthwise it will be a smart move, unspayed females can get what is called pyometra - it is an infection in the uterine horns that can cause death, as well as they can develope mammary tumours. Just today I lost one of my customers to the effects of not being spayed and developing mammary cancer. Not to mention 7 yrs ago I had to let my O.E.S go because she did not get spayed till late in life ( she was a show dog and had been used in the breeding program), she had to have an emergency spay because she developed pyometra after being in heat, then a couple years later she developed mammary cancer. Call your vet this week to set up an appointment to get her spayed as quickly as possible and hopefully save yourself a wee bit of heartache.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 11:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• why don't you just get her fixed? it will make things better for both of yall lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Little late now but we fixed our pets too. Sorry you have to deal with this. In the future a little spent on spay will save years on your ears.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Get the cat fixed she is really suffering. You will continue to hear this until she is fixed. Both of my dogs are males and still puppies, but we plan on getting them fixed in a couple of months.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It is never too late to get a cat fixed. Call your veterinarian, and see if you can do it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Nope, can't say I've ever had that problem. All of my cats and dogs are fixed as soon as possible.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I've never had that problem all of mine get spayed/neutered. I have done many older animals as well that I have rescued off the streets
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010