Has anyone out there had a terrible cold in the last couple of weeks in pregnancy?

I am sick as a dog and scared I will go into labor this way. I am 37 weeks along so I guess I could go sick. Is it dangerous to be sick and in labor? I am not taking any medication but am seeing the doctor on Friday for routine visit. Should I call them and tell them of my cold? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had that happen, sorry :( Here are a few things my midwife suggested I do: Netty pot or saline drops in the nose, Plain old Robitussin, sitting in the bathroom with the hot water running (steam), rest, LOTS of fluids, Eccinachea (sp?) tea.
    Good luck and feel better :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yep, I got a cold at the end. It started to ease up before the actual labor...but my nose was still stuffed up, and I did lose some pushes from not being able to breath properly.

...but all in all, on the big day, you get so focused on the job you got to do, that a cold won't stop you. It will also be easier to breath once the baby is out, and no longer pushing on your lungs.

Good luck!

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010