my 7 1/2 month wakes up lmost every 2 hours. i don't feel comfortable w the cry it out method but nothing else seems to work. Help!!

we have night time routine

nsearcy

Asked by nsearcy at 7:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Health

• We have used the cry it out method, but only at 15 minute intervals. Other than that, nighttime baths and even reading or singing are the only other things we have done for bedtime.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• well it depends..... do you go in there as soon as you hear them make a sound? or do you give it a minitue? seriously the cry it out is the best option imo. i can't imagine either one of you having a good quality of life on a newborn schedule all this time. cry it out is not as bad as you're thinking. with my youngest (she is 10 mo now) i decided to do cio a little earlier than my other two kids bc she was sleeping longer since she was newborn. i let her 'cry it out' and she only cried for literally 2 minitues and then went back to sleep. i would at least give it a try since you said you tried everything else and already have a routine. it's not going to be hours of crying..... try it and you'll see ;)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I didn't like the idea of CIO either, which is why I choose to cosleep. On the nights I want to sleep alone I'll put her to bed w/ me & transfer her when she's asleep. Try putting a stuffed animal dressed in a tee shirt that you wore for a couple of days so it smells like you in bed w/ her. I think about it this way, right now she wants me for alot, soon enough she's not even gonna want to talk to me! I'm enjoying the undying love while I can get it!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My husband and I started out letting our son "cry it out" and he never cried more than 5 minutes. Now, bed time rolls around, and we have our nighttime ritual of good nights and stories and songs, then I put him to bed while he is still awake. Within minutes, he is out cold. We never put him in our bed, or ran to him everytime he made a sound. This worked best for us. Just find something that works best for you. You could always try to put the baby in bed with a few "safe" toys and let him/her play him/herself to sleep. Good Luck with everything!
    Sweetie21

Answer by Sweetie21 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010