Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dilated Ureters

My son, pregnant with, has dilated ureters. The drs aren't giving me any information, other then not to worry and that they will explain more if he needs surgery. I am going nuts!!! I can't find anything on the net that explains the surgery. Have any of you dealt with this?


Asked by clovismommy25 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

Level 13 (1,044 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • It is called megaureter if I am correct.

    Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

  • uretes?? do u mean urethris?? like pee whole? never heard of that

    Answer by lilSouthernMom2 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

  • No she means ureters. They are attached to your kidneys. If you didn't have them then your urine could not drain to your urethra so you could urinate out your "pee hole" as you put it.


    Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

  • I meant ureters, they are the tubes that attach the kidneys to the bladder. Thank you guys for responding, I have had no luck in my pregnancy group, I am going nuts!!!

    Answer by clovismommy25 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008