Do you remember to take care of yourself when the chaos of 'back to school time occurs? If so are you willing to share what it is you do to take care of yourself?

Every year when it is time for my child to return to school it becomes crazy in my household. We are having to change our schedules from summertime do what you want, going to bed later and feeling laid back to all of a sudden having a set bedtime, mealtime, time for sports, homework etc. It is also a time of dealing with finances of getting school supplies, clothes and setting up extracurricular activities and volunteering. Within all of this chaos I used to forget that I existed and would be energetically depleted for about a month. I have learned to take care of my self and I now live by the motto that "When mom is happy everybody is happy". You need to care for yourself before you can give to anyone else so , what do you do to take care of yourself?

Fiona111

Asked by Fiona111 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• It can be hectic when back to school shopping returns, but I deal with it by throwing some extra things in the shopping buggy for me too. Then I stack up on my candles and bubble bath to use on my days off when I put them all on the bus.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I also go back to school but I do not let it get to me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• This is a little funny to me. Since I have eight children and babysit two, and we homeschool, it means I have a pretty big work load when the school year starts! I love it though, and wouldn't change a thing! Summers are my slower time.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 8:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have a lunch date with my husband.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I cannot deal with that chaos. So, a month before I already do my shopping for clothes then school supplies. I'm actually done with clothes shopping for my two kids. School supplies are easy since I just order everything online. Even during the summer, we have a schedule that's posted on the fridge and it's also in my iphone. I'm also gonna start waking up 1 hour earlier every week. I wake up so late! Anyway, by the time the kids are in school, I would have adjusted already. I'm more stressed during the summer because there's just too many things that I have to do because the kids are home. Once they are in school, I'm more relaxed. I get to work, exercise, take baths, bake and everything else I wanna do.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2010