open realtionship

what are your thoughts??? do they work???

lindnrenn

Asked by lindnrenn at 8:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• They work for us. They just make sense to me. They are honest and we don't worry about if he/she is cheating. This way we know if the other wants to be with someone else. It's only for sex so the relationship itself is still strong. I'll even say stronger. It shows that the other knows the decision is right to be together bc we belong together. The other stuff (sex with others) is just candy.
    Anonymous

• My parents have an open marriage and it has worked for them for over twenty years. I personally have no desire to sleep around as I got it all out as a teen. If DH ever wanted to open things up, I don't think I would mind. Sex is just sex in my opinion and you don't have to form a bond with somebody to enjoy sex and sex itself I don't see as a bad thing. i would have a problem if he had another relationship on the side but wouldn't mind just booty calls.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• That it is rediculous! JMO
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would like to be in an open relationship I think this would work for me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It would be cheating to me. I couldn't do it or let DH do it.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I feel like it would be a distraction from what is most important in life. I mean, am one who thinks it's wrong and would never really work also - so clearly my opinion is biased. The thing is, if you or your husband are worried about who you're going to sleep with this weekend, or stuck in dream land thinking about who you slept with last weekend... wouldn't it be distracting from your real lives? I mean, when I'm at the zoo with my husband and my son I just want to be at the zoo enjoying the afternoon of family time - not mentally sizing up prospective lays or internally reliving a night with some other lover.

To me it just doesn't make sense. I love my family, and I love my family time. I can't imagine having anything else in my life - my life is so full already.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Again no way! Just too damm jealous.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Just another word for adultery in my opinion.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• For some couples it works, it even makes some couples closer though I can't fathom why. I've never been interested in having an open relationship.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Why not just maintain your own seperate apts or houses and date who and when you want. You're not in a committed relationship if you're both out fooling around whenever. How are you going to feel if he brings home something you don't want and you get it due to his being free to have sex with other women any time he wants.....and how would he feel if you gave him something you picked up from another man. People don't always tell a one night stand or even a frequent sex partner that they even have an std. I'm pretty old fashioned I guess, because I really believe that if you truely love someone, being with another sexually just isn't something you'd want to do.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010