Has anyone used Paypal's student account?

I just learned about a control "credit card" from paypal for teens. No fees, you have complete control on how much they have in the account and how much they are allowed to spend. You can track all activity. It sounds really good...just curious if anyone has experience with this.

ckap4707

Asked by ckap4707 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't trust Paypal to say it's free. They are money hungry and normally charge 10% for every transaction. I'd read the fine print first. Have you considered buying a prepaid credit card? I would think that would work and be accepted in more places than paypal.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I set one up for my daughter when they were giving you $10 for every student account. I took the money and closed it. There were not any fees associated with it.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I've never had a prob with PayPal, I'd do it, thanks for telling me about it I think I might get one! Do u have a link?
    CokietheClown

Answer by CokietheClown at 10:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2010