Anyone out there with MS symptoms but no plaques?

kerryket

Asked by kerryket at 8:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Health

• Have your doctor check you for Lymes disease- I had a cousin they told had MS for a year, only to find out it wasn't. Had all the symptoms of MS- numbness, problems with eyes, prickly feelings, trouble walking, etc....then to have them find Lymes with a blood test. Also my mom has MS, for 25 years now. I really hope you don't have it. Praying for you.
    mamaof2becka

Answer by mamaof2becka at 10:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• There is a Very strong link between diet soda's and artificial sweetners and MS symptoms.  http://www.communicationagents.com/sepp/2004/06/10/aspartame_and_multiple_sclerosis_neurosurgeons_warning.htm  Google it and be prepaired to be scared and shocked.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The comment on diet soda is definately interesting to me, that is one thing that I have changed in the past few months, should have known better than to try and switch to diet. I had recently stopped soda, with my sugar addiction, dropped some excess weight but started with occasional diet sodas. Thanks:) Will stop that.

Lyme's has always been a consideration, I grew up in the NE and spent a lot of time outdoors, then hiking as a young adult. I know I have had tick bites. Several tests were Neg and finally one POS, but the physician I was seeing did not take it seriously and ordered another and it was NEG.

I have a history of Bell's Palsy, meningoencephalitis and had a closed head injury, it all is so very complicated as I have different symptoms attributed to each individually.

kerryket

Comment by kerryket (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010