Why do women who spend a lot of time together get on the same period schedule?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• sense of smell
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It's kinda like two clocks. If you stick two pendulum clocks swinging at seperate times next to each other, they will be swinging at the same time in a few days. When the first woman starts her period and shes around another woman, that other woman's body will sense it and go "oh, that sounds good right about now." And before you know it your bodies will start at the same time.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 9:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• because they become in tuned with each others bodies. did u ever notice that ur mom and u were pretty close to the same day start
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Each of your bodies think there is competition for the male(s) to get pregnant,so they will sync up. Its pheremones. Something left over from when we we're more animal like.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I never found it to be really all that true....I mean, there are only four weeks in a month and an average period lasts 5 days...there is just a pretty good chance for some overlap. That is my impression. I grew up with two sisters...never saw it. I work with 4 women all day in one room...don't see it. If one woman gets her period 4 days after another woman, that isn't exactly synched. Why is is advantageous in terms of competition for pregnancy for everyone to be on the same cycle anyway? I would think it would be better for one female at a time to get all the male attention in that regard. Also, if you go back to more primitive human times, it would certainly not be advantageous for all the women to be in the hut at the same time either. Who would be out doing all the women's work then?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010