Help!! i am about to lose everything!!

Does anyone know of a way that a person can make a lot of money in a very short amount of time. i am a stay at home mom because my 3 month old child has a lot of health problems. my husband is the only one with a job. he barely makes enough to pay the rent. we just got a letter that our elec. and phone is about to be turned off because we are behind on the bills. we have been trying to pay a little on them each month, but it is not enough, we still owe almost 3,000 dollar in medical bills from when i was pregrent. we have tried ever place that we can think of to get help and they have allo turned us down. they say that we make too much money!!!! how can that be when we have 3000 dollars a month in bill ande experinces like food and meds and my husband is lucky to bring home 1200 a month. where can we turn for help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• I think you need to go back to work, NOW. Kids with health problems can still go to day care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• anonymous.... shame on you! First off you do not know the particular health problems and secondly there are many health issues out there that require more than the average care that daycares cannot provide.

My sister had a baby with health problems (she is five as of yesterday) day cares refused my niece because she required too much medical attention. My sister gets SSI now for my niece. I would connect with your local social services, hopefully they can direct you to someone that can help.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Time is too short. If you go back to work ,by the time you find a job and get your first paycheck, too much time will be passed and things will be lost. Best thing to do is to get prepared. What I would suggest is to make your situation known to the county that you live in, NOW! Find out if there are any subsidized programs, like childcare or housing, to help you. Take care of the immediate problems first . Then second, look into educational programs, to get out of the minimum wage endless cycles.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 1:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Try getting a job as a waitress when your husband gets off work evenings or even late night at 24 hour places. *** BUT *** You need to look at your expenses and get heartless cutting down on bills. 3000 a month seems pretty high! Learn how to budget and live within your means. Where do you live? Whats your house payment/rent? What can you downsize, what can you cut out entirely? How much are you spending on food, electric, etc? You shouldn't be eating out at all. You may need to give up cable, internet, cell phones. You need to realize what you can and cannot afford and get there. More important then a fast fix is learning to keep out of this situation. If your husband has been bringing in 1200 a month - there is no reason you should be living at 3000 a month expenses.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Go to Consumer Credit Counseling services. They should be able to help. I wish you the best!

Snowcorgi
    Snowcorgi

Answer by Snowcorgi at 8:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Go to Catholic Charities. They will give you the money for your electric, rent, food and just about everything else. $1,200.00 a month is not enough to pay all your bills. I'd check social services again I think someone made a mistake. Also go to SSI, if your child it to sick for day care you should qualify. I have ADD and I qualify! The system is stupid!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• A work at home business may be an avenue for you.. You can stay home with your baby and work around his schedule. The other moms above give you some immediate solutions, but what i am offering you is an opportunity to grow your business and make residual income. If you are in a bad situation now, than that alone is your WHY. why you need this to work so bad for you. and it will. Seems like people only want to take an opportunity when they have no where else to go. which is fine,,cause it will make you work harder fo the things you want. In my business, people have gone from poor to making discent money in less than 6 months..they have also achieved millionaire status. HOw you ask? because they knew so many other people in their situation and they helped each other and they all got what they wanted..extra income, even financial freedome. visit my homepage profile page.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• MY CHILD HAS A MEDIUM SIZE HOLE IN HER HEART AND SHE HAS A FEEDING TUBE TO FEED HER.  SHE WAS BORN 5 WEEKS EARLY AND WAS ONLY 3 POUNDS 11 OUNCES WHEN SHE WAS BORN.  I HAVE TO FEED HER EVERY 3 HOURS AROUND THE CLOCK.  I

newmom1465

Answer by newmom1465 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I HAVE LOOKED INTO A LOT OF DAYCARE AND NONE WILL TAKE HER BECAUSE OF THE FEEDING TUBE, THEY SAY THAT IT WOULD BE TOO MUCH WORK FOR THEN AND THEY HAVE OTHER KIDS TO THINK ABOUT. MY HUSBAND WORKS FROM 4 IN THE AFTERNOON UNTIL 3 INT HE MORING AT A WAREHOUSE JOB. HE HAS TO SLEEP DURING THE DAY, SO I HAVE TO BE THERE TO TAKE CARE OF THE BABY.
    newmom1465

Answer by newmom1465 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I HAVE TRIED TO GET SSI AND THEY TURNED US DOWN. THEY SAID THAT WE MAKE TOO MUCH MONEY. THEY GO BY THE GROSS INCOME, NOT THE TAKE HOME.
    newmom1465

Answer by newmom1465 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2008