Does rolling your foot on a ball cause contractions?

I am a day past my due date and am looking for ways to get things started. I've heard that foot stimulation can cause contractions. Does anyone know anything a bout that?

karina400

Asked by karina400 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• never heard that one! I highly doubt it. relax and let it come when it does. You getting anxious makes the little one feel the same way.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• LOL no i wouldent know about that, pressure points can tho, also stuff like walking and lots of sex
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It might. Because of certain pressure points in the foot. I used to get contractions when my fiance gave me a foot massage close to my due date.
    Honestly, I know you're excited, but LET IT HAPPEN ON ITS OWN lol you'll be wishing for just one day of quite, which you might as well take before baby, instead of never again :]
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 9:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• There is a certain pressure point on the foot and ankle that can help you go into labor if you're already close. I personally don't really believe that anything with throw you into labor if you're not already started or very close. But I know massage therapists won't touch your feet until you're past your due date, or close to it because it makes them liable. Check out the reflexology pictures on the net. My friend is a massage therapist and she did it for me when I was close and it still didn't do anything and I had to be induced.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Oh, duh, here are ways that worked for me :]
    -Sex (I'm sure you've heard that) but what causes it is the semen had something in is that softens the cervix, so obviously, no condom.
    -Walk laps, play kick the ball lol (that's what finally got mine to hurry)
    -keeping active, and not just lounging
    -Rasberry and Cranberry juices/teas
    -Lower back rubs, and mid-back
    that's all I can think of lol they worked for me :]
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 9:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• dunno about that, but i know nipple stimulation can. Thats why most doctors frown upon pumping breast milk until after giving birth, etc
    LovesHerKiddos

Answer by LovesHerKiddos at 9:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Just let the contractions happen when your baby is ready to be born. I don't know why sol many MOMS are trying to CONTROL everything and trying to start labor??? Look....the baby's safety and maturity is more important than your schedule.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• getting a pedicure can induce labor
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010