Headache that won't go away

I started to get a headache last night so I took 2 tylenols last night. I woke up with a headache anyways so I took 2 more tylenols. That didnt work either, so about an hour ago I took a ultram and that isn't working either. Is there anything else I can try? I can't have anything aspirin or aspirin related like advil. Thank you in advance

Decker

Asked by Decker at 9:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Health

• I have had migraines for 20 years and this has never failed me.

I take two Excedrin TENSION HEADACHEs and a large Mt Dew. This form of excedrin does NOT have aspirin like the others do, it just has the acetaminophen and caffeine. The combo of the acetaminophen and the caffeine from the pills and the soda knock it out every time.
    It is important to take the pills right as you start drinking the mt dew. And drink at least half of the mt dew in the first five minutes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Do you have any other pain. Like in your neck, shoulders, back? Are you drinking a lot of water, that always helps.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Are you dehydrated?? Drink more water that can help. Also, although it is the opposite of water, caffeine can help as well.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I very seldom get a really bad headache but when i do, it is hard to get rid of- I take Orange Goodies- They work every time in about 15 minutes! It also has Caffeine in it- i think that is the trick!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Have you thought maybe it could be your vision? I know medically it doesn't really make sense since heat dilates, therefore it should have made it worse, but when I got a migraine once the only thing that helped was my microwavable hot sock behind my neck and on my head. Try resting with your eyes closed. Try taking a motrin or ibuprofen. My rule of thumb is ibuprofen for pain, tylenol for fevers. Good luck, hope it gets better. computer screen will make it worse too.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• 2BlondeBabies- no nothing else hurts, I have been sick to my stomach for the last few days though
    Ashley- iI wish I could take a mortin or ibuprofen I know that would help me more than anything, but I am severly allergic to them so the only thing I can take is tyelnol.
    Decker

Comment by Decker (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• place a cool cloth over your eyes, get in a dark quiet room and try and relax
    MiMito19

Answer by MiMito19 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Oh sorry I missed that in the OP.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I cant do this anymore b/c I am pregnant. But whenever I would have a headache, I felt like it came from tension and stress in my neck and eyes...

ONE margarita would usually relax me enough that it would go away. Dont know if you drink or not, but I consider one to be like taking any type of pain killer, whats the difference.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• How about putting your feet in a bowl full of hot water and wait for 15 minutes.I did it because i have a cronicle headache and I got an excellent result .I know that each person is single but it is interesting to try new ways to eliminate the pain, isn't it?
    Patty1965

Answer by Patty1965 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010