7 week old with a fever, what do I do?

Under the armpit she had a 99.9 fever. It went down after medicine. But as stayed mostly in the 99.5 area. She is fussing. Like continuesly crying. Waking up and crying and bit, like she hurts. Goes back to sleep but repeats the process. Even throughout the night. She doesn't even like her bath which she usually loves...Do I need to take her to the dr?

Texgrl2009

Asked by Texgrl2009 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I really don't consider 99.9 to be a fever. Once it gets to 102 is when I start giving medicine for it. I've never gotten to the point of going ot the doc for a fever. But I wouldn't do that until at least a temp of 104. Just try to keep her comfortable. If you've made sure everything is good- like diaper/bottle or BM/clothes are good/not too warm/too cold and all -then I'd just keep watch. If she gets worse then call the doc and ask the nurse what you should do.
    Of course, you know your baby best. If you feel she needs to go to the doc, then you should take her.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• YES, my dd was about 4 weeks old and had those symptoms,,,,but I think her fever was a bit higher and she had a severe UTI and had to be on IV antibiotics for about a week and a half.

At her age it scares me when they have a fever. Keep a REAL close check on it through the night. If it goes up, I might go to the ER.

And I would most defiantly call the DR on call and see what they want you to do for sure!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My daughter's doctor told me if she had a fever before 2 months to call because it could be serious. Call your pediatrician and take what ever advice he or she gives.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You should probably call the doctor, just to be safe!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I suggest you call the doctor. It could be that she is in pain also.
    Garnet2

Answer by Garnet2 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010