how old was your baby when u moved him/her out of your room ?

this is my first one so i have no idea what age/month would be appropriate to move him into his room. what month/age did u move ure baby from ure room to his/her own?

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 4 kids and the youngest age was 4 months and the oldest was 8 months. There is no official right age.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• im going to start around 6 months
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I moved mine out at 12 months
    sunkist332002

Answer by sunkist332002 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My babies were in a bassinette for a few weeks and then they slept in their crib after that. They were good sleepers.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my oldest was 3 weeks old, but that is cause she wouldn't sleep in the bassinet and her bed was already put together in her room so we just moved her to her own room. It was better for the both of us cause she slept better and I got a little more sleep other than the middle of the night feedings lol. But then we moved in with my real dad when she was 4 months old so then we went back to sharing a room with her. Then we moved out when she was 6-8 months old so then she went back into her own room again and she was fine with that. My youngest however slept in our room until she was 3 months old then I put her in her own room.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• for sure. cant really put an age on it. i think i did at 6 months..
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my dd was at 1 month.. this one(due to shared room) when ever she sleeps all night
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 10:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We had to have our son in our room til he was about 15 months but when my older brother moved out of our house, we moved him to his own room! He loved it and slept much better too :) I say the sooner the better for you and your husband actually
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would say as soon as they sleep through the night.
    Garnet2

Answer by Garnet2 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The older 3 were around 5-6 months each.  Their rooms were on a different floor so I wanted to be sure they were sleeping through the night so I didn't have to go up and down the stairs all night long.

My youngest dd stayed in my room until she was 16 months because she was such a light sleeper.  If we had put her in any of the other rooms the older kids would have woker her a million times a night.

Not sure how long the new baby will stay in my room.  He's only 2 weeks old so we'll have to see what happens in the next 6 months.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2010