My soon to be ex husband and my new boyfriend are getting together to talk tomorrow...

And I couldn't feel more awkward if I tried. My husband wants to meet him because we (husband and I) have 3 kids together. He wants to get to know the person who is going to be around his kids. I understand that. But is this something that other men do/have done? Because my older brother looked at me like I was crazy when I told him that. Plus, I feel really weird about my boyfriend having my husband at his house. IDK...I'm rambling. Someone say something to make me feel less weird, please. And before anyone claims I'm trolling and that this is fake, I'm not. This is my very real, very awkward situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow...good luck with that I would feel awkward as well....
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• To be fair, wouldn't you want to know anyone your kids were going to be around a lot? I think it actually shows a lot of maturity on the part of your ex. That is, if he is really sincere in just wanting to get to know your bf. Some guys are just weirdos and like to manipulate in strange ways, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Idk about guys but when i knew my husbands ex was in town i insisted on meeting her. And she insisted on meeting me as well. It went fine. She actually told me that she tried to find a reason to hate me but that i'm too perfect. :D LOL
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• that is super weird lady. i can understand it and i wish more men would maybe do that then just not trust the woman and what she does with her life when she separates from the father..
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I commend your ex... and your boyfriend for going through with it. You all have to work together in order to raise the children.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think it is a great idea but sometimes I think men just like to get together to size one another up. (What does he have that I don't) I hope it works out well. It could backfire though. Hope not. All in all I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you new man is a good one.
    donnak202

Answer by donnak202 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it's great that the ex cares enough for the children to want to do this and I think it's great that your boyfriend is agreeing to do this. It will be good for both of them and it will be a bit awkward but I think it shows the children that both their dad and your boyfriend care and want whats best for them.
    MiMito19

Answer by MiMito19 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Before I had kids I dated a guy with three kids. I met the ex and the inlaws before I met the kids. I thought it was a great idea.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My DH tried to meet his ex's boyfriend (now husband) but she wouldn't let him. Eventually he did though (by accident) and they talked and my DH was a lot more relaxed about his kids being with their new stepdad. So no, I don't think it's weird. I think that your ex is doing what he feels he has to to protect his children and to make sure that someone that will be spending a lot of time with them will be good for them :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I dont think it is weird, your ex-husband just wants to know his children will be alright with your new bf
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2010