what would be the righ thing to do?

well 7 months ago we got in a big fight with one of my brother in law . He basically said he hated my kids and wish they were never born! he lives far away from where we live. we havent talked for 7 months. his wife even got in it while she was pegnant and all i told her was stay out of it. I can't help it but hold a grudge on them. well turns out htey are coming down this weekend! and i dont know if i should be ok with my DH to even go and see him. i think if he does they will think they can disrespect me as they have for 5 yrs and everytime something like this happens my DH still talks to them and they keep disrespecting me or my kids all the time its repeated for 5 yrs. and i dont want to be rude or a total B**** about it either but it's really bothering me now and i'm 2 mos pregnantwhich may i remind you when they found out i was preg with #2 this brother said have an abortion and he has 2 kids aswell. i feel like im aloss

mommyof2chasmin

Asked by mommyof2chasmin at 10:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm with you. When a spouses family member disrespects you or your children, it's up to that spouse to set THEIR family straight. People always say family is family, or family comes first, But that's not true. God is first, then your wife and kids. That's your family. And if these people can't treat you and your kids right, but want to treat your husband right, he shouldn't deal with them unless they can treat you All right. If he can talk to them first and straighten the situation out, then he should do that. so you all can go see them. And if they start acting crazy, you, your husband and your kids should leave.

mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Well, that's different. I'd say no to letting the kids go- he can go and enjoy himself... the kids can stay with you. They've made their stance clear, no need to put the kids through that.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Don't waste your time or energy on them... not worth your sanity or health. Let your husband go, tell him to have a good time and go on about your business. What does it matter what they think? You'll be much happier to just forget about them.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You can't stop him from going but you can keep the kids home. If they think your kids would be better off dead they should have no rights to see them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i know hes going to want to take my kids to themtoo idk what to do ? i think my kids dont need those people in their lives
    mommyof2chasmin

Comment by mommyof2chasmin (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would not see them or talk to them and I definetly would not let them see the kids!! They don't deserve it!!!!!!! Good Luck!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• thanks everyone and especially [ mrs2323] i say the same thing my DH usually doesnt say nothing but im sorry and still puts them first :(
    mommyof2chasmin

Comment by mommyof2chasmin (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• that is horrible, how could anyone say they about their neices or nephews. Kids are a gift from God. Let your husband go (I am assuming that is what Dh stands for) and you and the kids have a day out together. What they think shouldn't matter and you have every right to protect your children. They don't deserve to even be around your children. Children are very smart and they can tell when someone doesn't like them....
    MiMito19

Answer by MiMito19 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2010