how do I get my child to eat meat?

My 3 year old son Ezekiel is not eating the right about of protein that I feel he should. I have tried to make chicken nuggets, fish sticks, and grilled meats. But he just refuses to eat anything that has to do with meat. How can I or what should I do to have him eat his meat? Please ladies I need advice. Thank you!

inez1331

Asked by inez1331 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If the child doesn't want to eat meat don't make him. There are lots of other ways to ensure he is getting enough protein. Like yogurt, nuts, peanutbutter, beans, etc.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i would keep trying with the meat and eventually im sure he will eat it, but for now, just give him overeasy eggs, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, whole wheat mac & cheese, peanut butter and jellys, stuff like that ..
    what about pasta and meatsauce? or tacos? or sandwhiches?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• He doesn't have to eat meat to get protein. He can have eggs, peanut butter, various beans and veggies. There are a lot of other sources out there.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• what about sneaking it in casseroles? and until you are able to get him to eat meat try buying like boost for kids. i give my daughter that sometimes if i feel like she might not be getting enough of what she needs. they have chocolate and tastes like chocolate milk my daughter loves it. she is 3.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• All the PP are right. And kids only really need like an ounce or so a day anyway.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0816/is_n4_v16/ai_18094513/

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• There are so many other sources of protein. He doesn't have to eat meat. In fact,NONE of us needs to eat meat.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Another thing...we aren't meant to have meat and harsh proteins. Look at our flat teeth. We just evolved to think we need it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Well Zek is allergic to peanut butter, and he hates mac and cheese, sandwich only with bread and musturd only. He is such a pickie eater it is crazy, but he Does LOVE his pizza. The boy can eat pizza like no tomorrow. And he love his rice.
    inez1331

Comment by inez1331 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• There is plenty of protien in other foods. If he is getting enough protien from those other foods then he shouldn't need to eat meat. My son's pediatrician told me that as long as he's getting the right amount from other foods he is perfectly fine.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• 1. Not eating meat is fine.. Vegetarians!! :)
    2. How do you think all those animals get protien!?! Other things that have Protein:
    * Amaranth*
    * Cereals and grains - buckwheat*, rye, corn, rice, pasta...
    * Leafy green vegetables, including spinach
    * Legumes - beans, lentils, peas, peanuts
    * Nutritional yeast*
    * Nuts - almonds, walnuts, cashews...
    * Quinoa*
    * Seaweed - spirulina*, kelp ...
    * Seeds - hemp*, sesame, sunflower...
    * Soy* products - tofu, tempeh, soy milk...
    * Vegetables - Brussel sprouts, potatoes, yuca
    3. The longer you keep all that bad fat out of their system the better! Dont rush it cause during their teen years they will more than likely make up for it!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010