has anyone had this experience?

so does anyone know if your in a custody battle what will look bad and what will look good to a judge. i have a lawyer i just want real persons experience. so if i follow the visitation schedule and play by the rules what does this look like? to me i do it for my son but i dont want to look like i want joint custody bc now i have full custody. and if he follows all his rules like visitation and everything in the papers will the courts look at us and give jnt.csty? does anyone have experience with things going from temporary to permanent custody?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Follow the CO. Be very cooperative. Remember to make statements like "our child" or to use the childs name instead of saying "my child".

Following the CO is the best possible thing you could do.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my sister wnt through that recently an i noticed it depends on the judge because i went also to court for support for a friend in the same county and it was a different judge than my sisters and he was a a whole lol good luck
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 10:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• If you live in the same town and if the child goes to school, then the judge may give joint custody, but it depends on the father and the relationship he has with your child. At this point follow the rules and keep in mind what you feel is best for your child. Pray about it, that always helps me.
    MiMito19

Answer by MiMito19 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Joint Custody really only means that you both get to make all the decisions in what is best for the child- Like: School, Doctor Visits & anything else that is important- I think the court usually gives the Mom Primary Custody instead of Full b/c then Dad would not get a say so in the decisions- I wouldn't worry if you both are doing everything in the order- I am sure it will be fine- Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Be very coopertive. Have a steady well paying job that covers all your financial needs. Stable home that is safe, clean, and up to code. I've never been through this personally, but have known people who have been.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Cooperate with them and show that your decision is what is best for the child.
    drama2008

Answer by drama2008 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2010