what would you do if you didnt like your doctor?

Well more like the nurse. She is really rude to me, but when my husband is there she acts nice so my husband doesnt want to change doctors or clinics. But I dont like the woman and I dont like her approach to giving shots..... She made us hold him down on the table... instead of in our arms( which he likes better). I felt like i was torturing my son with the way she wanted us to hold him down.

edwinsmom2008

Asked by edwinsmom2008 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you're not comfortable with a nurse, get her name, and when you make appointments, request that she NOT be the nurse to help you all. If she is, kindly ask at the desk for a different nurse.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 1:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• you can contact the office manager, they are in charge of the office and clinic, and over sees the nurses, so technically the staff (nurses, cna's, cma's) have to answer to office managers and to the doctors. I would request her to not be around my child, and explain why, and if they say well thats just how she does it, keep going, and say that this is not how i want my child treated. If need be, take it a step further up the food chain and contact the Medical board, they know there are people out there like this, and usually they need a stern talking too... good luck, i would never hold down my child. And i'm sorry that you had too... Hugs!!
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• There was an OBGYN when I was pregnant that I didnt like at all. (She argued with me about where my husband is from, she told me my husbands country didnt exist!!!) I just requested not to see her for any office visits and I prayed she wouldnt be on call when I delivered 9She wasnt, thankfully!)
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Agree with the first poster, simply request that she not be the one to assist you during your visits.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I agree, don't see her again...even if it means switching. It sounds like your husband isn't at most of the appointments, so I think you need to be honest about your level of discomfort. Also, working in medicine, I tell people all the time that you don't have to do what the doctor says. If you do not want to hold your child down (I agree), say NO. You are ultimately responsible for your child and have a say it what's best.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008