Not sure whats going on, and don't have the $$ to go to dr

I have been on the same birthcontrol for 4 months now. For the first 2 months I was on it, I was regular, then BAM! Last month didn't have a period at all. I took 5 test and all were negative. I haven't had any symptoms of being pregnant, and haven't had sex that could make my preggo. Now this month it has yet to come again. I am kinda worried now. AAny ideas why I am not having a period now? My bc is an oral and no where on packaging does it say I won't have a period for multiple months. I have cramps and I have a lot of discharge when I am suppose to be on my period...so where is the cycle!?! My son is 18 months so I would think my body is back to its normal self by now??

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe take yourself to a local free clinic and ask... I would be worried too. There are some uncommon side effects that may be in play, but this is definitely something you'd want to have checked out.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• what about like a free clinic? normally bc makes your period regular not irregular..
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The dose may need to be lowered or increased or changed on the brand of supplement you use. Some are different and some have more progesterone, and less estrogen, factoring in the body type and your age or just some stress in your life, plus you could also factor the iron levels and get a blood level test for that. Good luck !!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Oh also it's too early to panic about tumors or having some longer type of onset with being really months and months late, but then later on you may say it is a possible cyst or tumor or even a blood clot itself causing the backup. Onions or vitamin E, or a supplement of flaxseed, oil of primrose, or any omega 3-6-9 type of vitamin oil. Even canola or corn oil just by the spoonful .
    Have you tried to just drink water??
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I am not a regular water drinker :/ unfortunately...i really should, and that could maybe be it too? It just has me a bit worried.
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010