Would you accept an ex boyfriend's friendship on Facebook? What about if you are married?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• No.
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Me personally, no.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yeah... okay...
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• yes, b ut I also tell my DH about it. I have about 3 or 4 boyfriends on facebook and myspace and it is only friends. My DH knows about them and they know I am married and we only talk as friends
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Nope I sure wouldn't....
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have a few exes on Facebook. The ones I still get along with. There are a few I would never consider. I don't think it matters if you are married or not. But I know a lot of other people disagree and think you have to cut off all contact with all exes...I think it's an age thing, I am 37 and really don't have any patience for a man who would tell me who I can and can't be friends with. But that's just me lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• it depends on how your husband feels about it. it also depends on when you dated them, and why they are friending you.
    if its someone you had a serious relationship with not long before you met your DH or whatever who may still have feelings you and your DH doesnt want you to accept them, then obviously no.. but if its someone you dated a while ago and theres no feelings left and your DH doesnt care, then yeah its just a friend request.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i have five exes on FB, and dh knows all about them. he trusts that its just social (it is), and its not standing in the way of our relationship. what's the big deal? we're pretty open with our pasts; no stone's been left unturned, y'know? he also knows that it ends on FB..its not like i'm making plans to see any of them, or rehashing old days hoping to renew some flame. that's crazy talk! we trust each other. end of story.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• being married for 31 years and if and ex want just be friends yeh i could i am not dead
    i can look but not touch and where just friends weather male or female
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Sure...I have an ex on my facebook....and I am married. My husband knows, and he doesn't care.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010