what do you consider emotional abuse for a child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Anything that makes a child feel less then human. Anything that causes the child to be afraid.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• just some examples--calling them fat or stupid, telling them you wish you had an abortion, just make fun of them for anything, make fun of their hair but not get them hair cuts. grr
    stuff my step mom does to her kids...
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• making a child feel bad or another example calling them dumb etc ...
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 10:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• If the child just picks and picks to get a pushing button reaction I've said plenty after months of keeping back from reactions. But for purely cynacal (spell?) purposes to get a child hurt and feel bad, I'd say never to apologize would really feel rotten to a child, or not hearing any sympathy for something I'd sad and just saying I'm right every time, being stoic, having no reason but yelling just for kicks to be a bully, and stuff that just doesn't sit well in a child's heart. ( that would do it )
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yeah, all that....I had all that crap as long as I could remember..plus, some verbal and physical abuse. Not healthy at all. And she can't figure out why I would be the way I am towards her. DUH!
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• If parents don't listen to their children and are always pushing them aside for more important thing, fails to show up for school functions and student parent meetings, does not give any help or encouragement with homework, gets angry often and yells alot,, allows other people to riducule or bully him or her, uses cuss words in front of the children, and just doesn't seem to care that much about the children. Emotional abuse and neglect go hand in hand.
    drama2008

Answer by drama2008 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Calling them names, Making them feel Insecure & Bullying them- The list could go on & on & on..........
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2010