How do you start your day?

When do you get up?
Do you get up before your kids?
Do you get showered and totally ready before you get the kids up?
Do you clean or get things ready before your kids get up?

I was just wondering, because I set an alarm and get up and get my son up. (He's 2)Then after dogs go out and get med, baby eats, I eat, I dress baby and clean.............then I take a shower and get ready. It seems by the time all this is done, we have no time to go anywhere before his nap. How do you guys streamline your mornings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Me and DH have some winky winky, and its off to start the day. Make breakfast for the kids, feed them shower and dress them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Lol, I get up at 6am. Get showered dressed. Wake my son around 7, he took a shower last night...and I set out his clothes for the morning. So I help him...Get the dog outside, make breakfast, eat...then free time. You get faster as you get more into it...dont trip girl...you will be okay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i set my alarm for 8am on mon, wed and fri for preschool, and 9am on tues and thurs for swimming, sometimes my 4yr old is up before me and is watchin tv, otherwise i wake her up, then i let the dog out, then i get her breakfast, while shes eating breakfast im in the shower, then i get dressed, get her dressed, brush her teeth, do her hair, and out the door we go..either to preschool or swimming lessons at 845am or 945am..saturdays and sundays we usually have lazy mornings, and then out in the afternoon to play somewhere!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Well I first thing WHY THE HELL IS THERE SUCH A BRIGHT LIGHT OUTSIDE. NO!!!!! Then I beat my head on my keyboard a few times.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My daughter is 14 now, and goes to an early starting creative arts school about a 40 minute bus ride away so she gets up before everyone else. I get up, the first thing I do is brush my teeth so I don't get sick, then take my meds, and make a cup of coffee. I usually don't eat breakfast, and if I do, it's much later, say 10:30 or 11.

When my daughter was little, I got up about 30 min before I got her up, so I could have time to get cleaned up and take my meds and all that before she was up. Her bath was the night before, so our first job would be to tackle her hair (long, curly red hair back then; short and not as curly now), then she'd eat, and get dressed and we'd go on about our day. My son fed the dog in the morning, and she let herself out with the doggy door.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I wake up before my kids, but only by a few minutes usually. My daughter sleeps with me and she notices within a half hour that I'm not there, and once she's up EVERYBODY is up. I usually get my coffee going and get on cafemom for a few minutes in the morning. The kids will usually watch a cartoon while I make breakfast. I don't have anybody in school right now (I'm a foster mom, but my kids are all young right now), so nobody is in a real rush to get around. After breakfast I have everyone get dressed and around and I'll try to get a little bit of housework at least started before I start my errands.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I usually get my first wake-up call when my boyfriend gets ready to go to work. Then I'll sleep for a little bit longer until I wake up on my own. Then I get up and pee and put in my contacts and make some breakfast. That's about it for my morning :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Whew! Do I remember those days! I had a two year old and a newborn.... there was no such thing as streamlined. But as they got older, it got easier, or I got better, or something like that. Of course I bathed them at night. And after they were put to bed, I began the pre-prep for their breakfast. If it was eggs & bacon, I whisked the eggs in a bowl and cooked the bacon left them in the fridge overnight; I laid out their clothes (in their bathroom) because as soon as they got up it was off to go pee, wash morning eyes and brush teeth... so I dressed them in the bathroom (contained room -easier to catch and wrangle) Then they helped me with the dog, & let them set the table (of course they were 2&4 then - everything was plastic)- then out to play (or the play room on bad days) and I was free to shower and clean house for a couple of hours.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Now? I whine when hubby leaves our bed, and whine when he kisses me goodbye, and try to pull him back into bed..... but then I stumble to the door and kiss him in front of the neighbors (so to speak) and then stumble to the kitchen for coffee (gotta have two cups before my shower - or I might fall down - I have fallen in the shower more than a couple of times - clumsy in the mornings) then I plop down at my computer and start my work. Of course carefully keeping my eye on CafeMom and the clock - because house cleaning starts at 2pm everyday. I'm not a morning person now - kids are grown now.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Streamlined? HA! I get up at either 7:30 or when the baby wakes up. Whichever comes first. I get a cup of coffee and wake the rest of the kids up about 7:45. They are out the door at 8:15 to catch the bus. Then I get the baby something to eat. I might as well just throw it on the floor because he's not real big on eating breakfast. Then I sweep up his mess and get started on laundry. I shower during his nap, around 10, or the night before. Any errands we have get done between noon and 3:40 when the bus brings the brothers home.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2008