what would be the best choice?

My husband and i just found out today that our baby does not have a heart beat and i was sopose to be about 12 weeks but the baby was the size of 8 weeks but the doc geave me a choice to get a DnC or to try it naturally but i haven't showed no sign of bleeding or anything i don't know what to do i'm nervous either way and how long after the miscarriage will i stop having morning sickness?

sweetmissa47

Asked by sweetmissa47 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know the answer...but i wanted to say i am so sorry for what you are going through.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I dont know either, but I am sorry you have to go through thi
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• try to wait this same thing happened to me based on my LMP i was supposed to be 12 weeks turns out i was 8 weeks and what my o.b. told me was that alot of babies you cant see the heartbeat yetso she told me to wait a couple days and then we would try it and to not be disappointed because you usuallywont get a heart beat or notice a heartbeat until 12 weeks good luck
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 10:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i was all crying thinking my baby was dead and now yesterday we saw and heard the heartbeat. keep your head up
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 10:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't have answer to help you(sorry) , I just wanted to tell you that I am so sorry about your baby and I will keep your family in my thoughts!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i agree with mommyof2chasmin!! wait a few days. if it is really 8 weeks then seeing a heart beat will be impossible... hold ur head up and wait a week....
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I had an ultrasound done at 7 weeks and they saw the heart beat and i had an ultrasound done today and nothing it was just floting there no blood flow around it or anything it was terrible!
    sweetmissa47

Comment by sweetmissa47 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Personally, since you miscarried around eight weeks and you are now 12 weeks your body has proven it will not do this naturally. My body refused to miscarry naturally as well. I miscarried earlier then nine weeks, but found out at nine weeks. Thus, my only option was a D&C. It's important that you don't let your body go too long after you miscarry. That leads to high risk for infection and other serious illness that can be caused by the uterus not properly absorbing the tissue. Therefore, my personal opinion would be to go for the D&C. It's quick, it's virtually painless, and it's a quick recovery. For me that's how it was anyhow.

I know how you feel, as many women do. I really do feel for your loss and am terribly sorry that you had to experience this. All the best to you and your family!!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have to agree with jazzlikemraz. This same exact thing happened to me just over a year ago. I opted to take some medication to help me miscarry naturally so I wouldn't need a D&C and after trying it 3 times I finally gave in and had the D&C. It was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through, but she is right that a D&C is quick and virtually painless compared to going through a full miscarriage which I had 3 months after my D&C. GL mama and I am so sorry for your loss (HUGS).....
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2010