would you be mad if your daycare left your child alone with her husband?My sisters did this today, I told her to get her D out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• The daycare provider left the child alone with her husband .. Well it would bother me because the child care provider isn't supposed to leave the care of the child in anyone else's hands. Due to the fact that you HAVE TO BE licensed in order to care for more then one unrelated child in your home/business. Ontop of that if I didn't know the guy I would have a huge problem with it. I don't like my child being in the care of people I don't know. As anyone would feel that way.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Is there something wrong with the husband? Is it a home daycare? I personally wouldn't leave my child anywhere that I didn't trust everyone living in the home. Anyone that leaves their children with me know that my husband may be the one watching the child. So, I guess to answer the question, no I would not be upset because I would trust the husband also.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My mom left her babysitting kids home with my dad when she took me to school or picked me up. This happened when my dad was home following a work accident and had a broken leg. How is this bad? I need more info.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Depends on why she did it. If it was an emergency then I could see it, otherwise I would be upset.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I might be a little weirded out and ask her not to do it again b/c i feel uncomfortable with it....but I wouldn't be furious and take my child out right away like that.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would be mad
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would question it, but I wouldn't pull my child out unless the reasoning didn't make sense. Like others have said, I don't think my child would be going there anyway if I didn't trust everyone in the house.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 10:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i would be upset because she didn't ask me first. By law a certified daycare has to inform you if your children will be left alone with anyone besides them. If I did not know the husband and I did not give consent then yes, I would pull my child out, especially if she/he was alone with him.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 11:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would have to say that I would have wanted to know the husband or any one involved with the daycare who would also be involved with my child's care. Otherwise, yes I would be upset if my child was left with someone other than those that I knew of. Before pulling my child out of the daycare, I would want to know what the reasons were and consider how my concerns were handled.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I work for a child care resource and referral agency and help child care providers with staying in compliance with regulations and trainings they may need etc and I can tell you it is pretty common for a home day care provider to use their husband as a back up. In NY where I live all adults living in the home are finger printed and background checked. It is unprofessional for the provider to not tell the parents in advance but day care providers are only people and sometimes things come up. If your sister did not feel comfortable or there are other red flags she should find other care but if everything else seemed good and the kid is happy then I would leave it alone and just tell the provider to let me know to find other care if she isn't going to be there herself.

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 11:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010