I am wondering if splenda and other fake sugars are causing my weight gain?? I dod aily exercise and watch what i eat....help???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• the newest studies suggest that all "fake" sugars increase our need for the real thing...basically they cause us to crave more sweets. Yikes!!! lol
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I heard they make you retain water and weight.

Sugar substitutes and the potential danger of Splenda

Learn about the dangers of Splenda and other artificial sweeteners, and about safer, ... nutrition & weight loss » sugar substitutes and Splenda ...
    www.womentowomen.com/nutritionandweightloss/splenda.aspx
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Splenda can be very bad for you. Try Stevia.
    Red54

Answer by Red54 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I've seen all sorts of articles regarding what the 1st mom said. Plus, when you think about what we're repeatedly told about dieting - don't eat refined carbs, avoid processed foods - what do you think chemically processed sugar substitutes are doing for our bodies?

It's probably not the substitutes alone that are causing your problems, but if you're eating a lot of things that have the fakes, they may also contain the real thing. Combos or fakes and real sugar are quite common (for the sake of the taste). Unused sugar and carbs get turned into fat by our bodies. You just have to find a balance =)
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2008