How long does potty-training take when you began at 22 months?

firsttimemot444

Asked by firsttimemot444 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• depends on if they really want to be potty trained at that time or not
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• depends on the child. my son was going to the bathroom for the last 3 days without any accidents and today he refused to wear underwear and wanted a diaper on.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• That does depend on the child. EVery child is different.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• well 1 of my daughters took a whole year to potty train but my other daughter potty trained HERSELF IN 3 DAYS!!! It reall depends on your child and situation??? Good luck!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• not sure I started with my oldest at 12 months, but with it turning into summer she didn't want to go into use the potty so I gave up until 18 months then took oe month to the day to teach her been potty trained ever since and she is 5 now. My youngest I started at 13 months and she was nearly fully potty trained until she cought rotavirus she was 15 or 16 months old when she was nearly trained, but I had to back off cause of the virus she had diarehea for 3 weeks straight so I had to wait until she got better so I started back up at about 19 months then she was fully trained day, night and nap by 22 months old. But really depends on the child and how consistant you are to it. If you aren't consistant it wont work. I believe that it is all about consistancy
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I started talking to my son about the potty and taking him to the potty occasionally, to see his interest, as well as putting him in underwear for a few hours here and there, around 18 months. We didn't push it or do any kind of rewards or charts or anything, just giving him the option and showing him what to do when he was ready. He was diaper-free by about 28 months though he still has accidents a few times a week (mostly bedwetting) at 34 months.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 11:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It also depends on their bladder. My daughter's bladder didn't expand or grow fast enough and she had issues holding it. Eventually she (or her bladder) grew out of it. My son on the other hand had no problem.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't potty train my kids, I let them train themselves. When you do it that way it only takes a couple days for them to train w/ very little accidents. My oldest son was 3 1/2yrs old when he did it and my 2nd son was 21mo old. Let your child take the lead
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2010