Treating a UTI at home

So I was reading about treating a UTI at home and it says that if you catch it in the early stages and treat it by drinking lots of fluid and cranberry juice, emptying your bladder etc... you can prevent yourself from having to take anitbiotics. I was wondering how many have done the "stay at home" method and it worked?

cherrygirl87

Asked by cherrygirl87 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

• I did once I knew what I had. I had gotten one UTI, went to the doc cause I did not know what it was, and about 3 weeks later I got another one. Since I already knew the signs and it was so fresh in my memory, I did not go to the doctor, and instead I did like you said, I drank lots of extra liquids, took a few shots of Vinegar (gross I know, but it worked) and it was gone within a couple days.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I did 100% Cranberry juice and I was fine in about a week. Mine wasn't that bad though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have always done the at home method, and it's always worked. I used to get uti's all the time, I started taking cranberry pills about a year ago and haven't had i since. You can get the walmart brand, it says take 2 a day, I take 1 and it works great for me. Good luck bladder infections are miserable!!!!
    mykidsrock77

Answer by mykidsrock77 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2008