For anybody that knows about bail bonds-?

Okay so once again trying to figure out stuff for my stupid SIL!!! (she really should be deemed mentally incompetent by the court and not be able to sign into legal agreements in reality) but anyhow she signed for a low life just met him BF and put $1,600 down on a $16,000 bond- I am hopping tomorrow she will pay the $200 fee and get drop his bail (he has since beat on her) anyhow if she doesn't before his court tomorrow and he is found guilty (which he will be) what additional money does she have to pay? will she have to pay the rest of the $16,000 or will she get her deposit back at all? I have figured out all the rest of the fees online so this is my only question. Thanks!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 11:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Why not ask a bail bonds men this question?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• ok, the bond and collateral are put up to get said person out of jail. If they skip out on court, the person looses their money and/or collateral. If they go to court, she should get her $1,600 back from the bondsman. It is basically a way to make someone responsible for said person, so that they don't "jump bail" or in layman's terms, flee court and disappear, because more than likely the person that put up for their bond is going to ride their a$$ to make them go to court so they get the money back.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• This was just a later in the day question (they are closed) and his court date I believe is tomorrow. I wish she would just quit repeatedly doing stupid things.... She is wanting (possibly) me to go with her to help her get it removed tomorrow. I am just making sure I know what questions to help her ask tomorrow.
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• as long as he goes to court, she should have no problems.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I know from my exhusband who was continualy in trouble that's why he's an ex but anyways once they go to court you are no longer held liable for what is owed no matter if he's found guilty or inocent
    aspiringangel01

Answer by aspiringangel01 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Nothing, it's if he doesn't show up to court that she's in trouble. The bond is to ensure the defendant shows up to court. They usually don't release them without a bond because they think they will skip. If the guy doesn't show up the bonds men will go find him
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2010