Do you prefer living in the city or country...and why?

I live in the country and love it but sometimes feel that I'm missing out...

lizard111

Asked by lizard111 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I am a city girl Hubby is, has been always will be a country boy. We live in the country about 15 miles from town in a subdivision on our own acreage so it's not like we have close neighbors but close enough they have your back. It is nice, peaceful and quite out here and we can do alot more things then we could in town with that being said I so want to move back to the city I want to be closer to my dd's school, closer to our jobs, closer to the stores I worry about how much gas we are using daily to get us into town sometimes multiple times a day, the wear and tear on our vehicles for driving them so much.
    My hsband lived in town with me for about 5 yrs and hated every minute of it. On the down side though people don't like to drive this far just to visit so we don't have much company & I am a social girl.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• City, I have always been a city girl, there has to be a walmart with in 4 miles or ill die lol
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I want to go back to the country! Curvy roads, no street lights, no neighbors in spitting distance. Now that's home! I like the convenience (sp?) of the city, like a midnight run for tylenol or something but I miss the country.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i know how you feel I live in the country and most of the time I like it but everyonce in awhile I miss the conviniance of the city.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• CITY! I'm dying here in the country......I was so spoiled, anything & everything I needed was either up over the hill or down over the hill....here...it's at least an hour away if not more!!!!
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i want to live in the country again i miss it i miss haveing my own space with out walking out my frount door to see the people i live next to
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 11:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I live in a city but sometimes I wish I lived in the country.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We are moving to the country soon and I cant wait! I hate having people right next door.
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The country... a little town in the boondocks, farmland,etc, is quiet. But....BORING.
    I would love to live in a nice .classy city environment near everything. I am living in a boring place ....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I live in the city, but wish I still lived in the country and plan on moving back to the country one day!!! I miss being able to see all the stars at night (I know corney but it's true) and I hate how noisy the city is. It took me weeks to get used to all the noises at night. Also I miss seeing wildlife, I have lived here almost 7 yrs and have never even seen a squirrel!!!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010