What's the difference between Prometrium and Provera?

I keep hearing that alot of ladies reacts differently between those 2. I'm on Prometrium and I have no prob, the only side effect I have is drownsiness and I heard that alot of ladies have had WORSE side effect especially toward Provera.

Lazee22

Asked by Lazee22 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• From what I understand Provera is synthetic and Prometrium is from plant sources. Some women have longer, heavier, and more painful periods on Provera than on Prometrium. I took Provera a few years ago and I didn't really have any major side effects. I'm currently taking Prometrium and I have to make sure I take it at night because it makes me sleepy and gives me a headache. The first month that I took them, I had heart palpitations and I'm pretty sure it was from the Prometrium.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 5:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2010