I'm 36 weeks into my pregnancy and lately my pelvic floor is in a lot of pain...

sometimes its very unbearable and hurts to move or walk or do anything... My question is to moms... did you ladies feel this also when it was almost your time? My OB told me that I could be expecting sooner than oct. 28th... about how close was it till you went into labor? very curious and very excited... just want all this pain gone!!

jyi0621

Asked by jyi0621 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sorry - pelvic pain is not a sign of impending labor - just that your baby is getting well engaged in your pelvis and the weight of him/her is pushing on your Pelvic floor . I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and that is starting to happen to me. All my boys have come a little early though so maybe you will be in luc and deliver in atleast a couple weeks - Good Luck
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I got like that for like a month befor i even had my son. I don't think theres anythin to do bout it, i tried laying on my side with the pillows and everything. but the pain wouldn't go away ieven woke up crying and felt paralized. I hope yours is not that bad but hang in there cause you;ll forget all about that after you have him/her. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• yeah i got it at about 35 weeks. dr kept telling me i was ahead of schedule and baby could come at any time. i really thought baby would come soon. the pain is the baby getting into position. at 37 weeks my son was considered down and ready to come out any time. he came on his due date.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2008