Does your baby sleep through the night yet?

My son is 12mths and doesn't sleep through the night yet. I still feel like i have a newborn lol. He wakes up at least 3 times. wanting a bottle or me to rock him. I always give him a bath before bed and feed him. Any advice on what else may help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd is 10months and for the most part she does. she'll semi wake up for a bottle but will go back to sleep right after
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My girls 3 and thankfully and slept all night since she was about 6months. She began to get a bad habit at about 2 waking up asking for milk. It's all about consistency w/babies. So if you do this everynight, rock and feed her, she'll want this everynight. I found just shhhhhing her at night put her right back to sleep. You'll have to stop doing this, which will be hard but for the best. Hope this helps!
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 12:13 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• At 12 months he can learn to soothe himself back to sleep. You will have a few rough nights, but he will be fine. Get some rest Mama!
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My daughter is 2 months old and has started to sleep through the night(knock on wood), she eats at midnight and then is good until I wake her in the morning.
    nickig199

Answer by nickig199 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Five hours is considered a sleep through. The VAST majority of babies wake every 3-4 hours on average for needed feeds and/or peeing. They wake more during growth spurts, teething, and new milestones. In the first year, sleep patterns change a lot and a baby may sleep a long stretch one week during a growth spurt and the next wake frequently. All normal. Sleep patterns don't really settle into a more mature pattern until age three or four. Some babies sleep a lot in the first half of the year, but end up waking more later. There is nothing "bad" about a baby that doesn't sleep long stretches of more than four to six hours...they aren't bad sleepers as some say. They are quite normal. It's actually we adults who have forgotten how to sleep effectively because we watch the clock too much. In fact, we adults wake a night at least once even if we don't remember. 12 months is also a major growth spurt.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2010