sh*t

am i going to poop while giving birth?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• LOL !!! ... YES
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• lol, probably.
    Even if you go before you give birth, you probably will have a little poo come out. Think of it this way...think of squeezing a toothpaste tube. Anything that is ahead of where the baby is at is going to come out cause the baby will be pushing it all out ahead of him.
    Don't worry about it. You probably won't notice it (I barely did) and the nurses will very quietly clean you up and not mention it at all.
    Actually, my nurses used a warm washcloth to clean me up when it happened, and it felt kinda good, relaxing to have the warmth down in that general area.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It is a possibility. My fiance already told me that he won't tell me if I do or not! He says it is normal and women can't feel it anyway. (he learned this with his child he had with his ex wife) As a nurse I know that I would not tell the mom, I would just wipe it up and keep everything clean.

Ahhhh I love my man!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Yes, you will. Sorry! LOL
    I worked in Labor and Delivery......I would say 9 out of 10 women did. BUT it's okay. Don't worry yourself over it because the doctor and nurses are not thinking about that. It normally happens while you are pushing and they are cleaning your perineal area during that time anyways.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I did! I did not do it until my 4th child, but I did. If you have a good doctor, they wont even tell you that you did!! It is totally normal and dont hold it back girl!
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 3:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• You just might. If you do, you won't give a sh*t! You'll be too busy having a baby!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It is completely hard to believe, but once you are in labour you will not care less what happens! When I was aving my son, a marching band could've walked through the room, a trained chimp could've delievered the baby and I would not have cared less!!!
    mummy2tristan

Answer by mummy2tristan at 5:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i didnt lol but now im scared lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Haha yeah, welcome to the joys of having a baby!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Sorry, but most likely. I was really scared about that too, but when the time comes, you really don't care anymore. It really freaked my husband out though!! Don't worry though. All the nurses and docs are used to it. They won't even think twice about it. Good luck!
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2008