To all of you Cloth-Diapering mommas...

I cloth-diapered my older son, Gabe, who is potty-trained now, until he was a year old. It WAS an inconvinience, but my 3 month old, Levi, has terrible diaper rash, and I've been disposable-diapering him. I'm thinking cloth diapers would help him out, alot. But the challenge is cleaning the diapers!!
How do you clean your cloth diapers??

brookelynnmom23

Asked by brookelynnmom23 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I just wash them. I scrape out any solid poop (newborn breastfed poop is machine washable lol) and put them on a prewash cycle, then a wash cycle with an extra rinse, dry them in the dryer, done. It's not a big deal in my house.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I do a cold rinse, hot wash with a plant based detergent and a scoop of baking soda, then throw them in the dryer.
    I don't think it's a hassle. I do laundry every day anyway, it's no more challenging than that.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Rince first then wash...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 10:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I use some toilet paper to scrape off the solid poop as best I can into the toilet. Then I put the diaper in the pail as is. No dunking or rinsing or anything like that. Then I do one speed wash with 3 squirts of Bac-Out, cold water, heavy soil. Then I do a permanent press wash with hot water, extra rinse, and a tiny bit of diaper friendly detergent. If the poop wasn't easy to scrape off, I will do a sanitary wash in lieu of the permanent press wash. When she was exclusively breastfed, I just put the poopy diaper in as is, no scraping. I have a front loader and wash the diapers every other day. It doesn't really seem like that much of an inconvenience to me. We were having poo blowouts like crazy with the disposables (used to use them when out and about) and I found that much more of an inconvenience. Started using pockets when out and about instead. Much better!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2010