Stuffed animals & toys

My son loves his stuffed animals & toys. He has quite a collection. These are something that I do tend to rotate but he is catching on. Any suggestions on how to store them...I have a pop-up clothes hamper of all things that some are in now and then I have a rubbermaid container of them in the spare room.....not to mention the countless others that he plays with every day. What do you guys do to keep the stuffies under control?

Carey2006

Asked by Carey2006 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• toy nets are a nice way to display them in his room, but also keep them up and out of the way. you just hang them up the corner.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• lol hmmm.... my son loves dinosaurs. we have quite a few - not a ton though so i dont have this problem yet. key word is YET lol. i would suggest maybe donating some? have him pick the very best...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I HATE stuffed animals! My oldest is only 1 1/2 and there are already tons. I am putting all except 3 or 4 in a free box at our garage sale. They never get played with anyways. I guess it depends on his age. If he was old enough I would tell him there are other kids who don't have any toys at all and that he would be so nice if he would go through his toys and pick some to give to kids who have none. Maybe he would feel better about getting rid of them then.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Animal nets to keep the ones he loves but doesn't play with in. We also have different containers for different stuff(one for play dishes, one for dress up stuff, one for dolls, and one for random). Once they get so full stuff falls out we go through them. She picks out some to pass on to another girl who would love them as much as her.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I made a couple of bags like these toy bags, second row.
    http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/190-9155084-8397851?node=358602011&LNM=toy_organizer_bag&CPNG=Baby&AFID=google&LID=30090361&ref=tgt_adv_XSGO0004
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 1:11 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I hate them too but he LOVES them.....these things are like rabbits, they are everywhere and I'm not even sure how it happened he didn't have this many when he was 1 that's for sure.
    Carey2006

Comment by Carey2006 (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• we have 1 large tub for stuffed animals and all the stuffed animals they keep must fit into that tub. the only exception to the rule is thier build a bear ones that they keep on thier beds. all others are subjuct to being given away
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My daughter loves her stuffed animals also. She has a toy box full, under the bed storage, totes,pop up hamper we have lots. I try to every once in a while tell her we have to get rid of some. This is about all she plays with out of all the toys she has so I pretty much just let it go she has large ones she puts on her bed. But toy nets would be good.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I personally hate those toy net things you hang up too. lol They will not get played with up there and I put a lot of time into decorating my kids rooms and don't like they look. lol JMHO
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We go through them once a year and dispose of the ones he is not attatched too....
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010