Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

androgen deficiency

Also known as low testosterone levels. Does anyone's hubby have it? What were some of their symptoms? Have treatments (if using) worked? What can you do to get the levels back up? How do you talk to your doctor about it? Any information would be great.

Answer Question

Asked by cherrygirl87 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

Level 6 (123 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • it is fairly common for men to suffer from low levels of testosterone. especially after 40, also referred to as male menopause. there are shots he can take on a biweekly basis at his physicians office and there are creams and patches that contain hormones that will replenish what was lost. if he has a lack of interest in sex or is not able to perform like he would, or maybe has signs of depression it can be low testosterone. easily fixed. good luck. I've had many patient with it, they would get testosterone shots on friday nights after work, so they could have a pleasureable weekend. Again, easily fixed, very common. Tell hubby to see his family dr. and tell him his symptoms.

    Answer by jewjewbee at 8:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Treating a UTI at home

Next question overall (Pregnancy)