Did you ever give birth to a baby over 9 pounds?

I had a 9 pounder and a 11 pounder. I am 5'7" tall and well built, not skinny but not fat either. Just a really solid frame with wide hips.
It took me 3 hours to push out the 9 pounder and 2 hours to push out the 11 pounder.
Recently I've been reading some birth stories where women pushed out over 9 pounders in just a few pushes. I am puzzled. Is my "pushing power" not good or what happened to me is the norm and the stories I've read are the exceptions? I tried every position in the book to get these babies out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• some people are just really loose or lucky. my brother was 9 lbs and my mother could not do it. ur a trooper lol!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My second was nine pounds half ounce. I am five three, and was 120 not pregnant. it took 8 minutes to push him out, but I had a really quick labor. only about 3-4 hours! He wanted out!!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have pushed out a 9 pounder but I feel foR. Anuone that has
    Doms_mama09

Answer by Doms_mama09 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My kids were 8.5lbs, 9.1lbs and 8.1lbs. I never pushed more than twenty minutes. I pushed when I felt the need to, not when the doc told me too. I am not loose. I just have mad pushing skills.

I am 5'5 and built like you describe. I just think it is an individual thing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• my daughter was 8.7.... i had a c sectino though :(

my mom had my naturaly i was 9 lbs 3 ounces.. and my So was 10 lbs and his mom had him vaginally with no medicines!!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My daughter was 9lbs 13oz and was two weeks early. My Christmas baby.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 4:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My older son was 9lbs 3oz but he was a c-section baby.  I do remember the doctor asking for the scapel in the middle of the delivery because they couldn't get his big ole head out of the original incision (which was following the one they did for my first child).  They had to make it bigger to get him out and the nurses had to practically sit on my chest to push him out...ugh.

My cousin's wife (now ex) is super skinny and tall and their younger son was almost 12lbs and was all natural.  Not sure how long her delivery was but the kid was huge.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2010