Do you think feeling pleasure through pain means that you are mentally ill?

Just to be clear, I am not declaring that I personally feel pleasure through pain with this question (so many of you seem to read into questions like this and answer according to your "readings"). I am simply asking the question as it appears (hypothetical).

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• i dont think so
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 1:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• haha i love that you made it clear its hypothetical. i absolutely cannot stand that women on here assume any question has to do with the person asking it.

to answer your question no, i dont think that... the amount of pain someone gets from certain thing varies.... people have all different senses and pain tolerances
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• MomNbabyGirl009.... I know right, some people on here choose to read into every question you ask and sometimes attack you as if you are asking for yourself even if you don't ask it that way (it irks me). That's why I wanted to make that clear. I actually saw a show entitled "strange sex" and one of the stories was about a woman who had an orgasm while giving birth and that was what prompted the question actually.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• lol. yes i get so irritated sometimes ill just ask a general question and somehow they assume im talking about myself.

i actually saw this happen on a video...
    i was watching natural birthing videos on the web and one lady was having a water birth and she had an orgasm. then i saw the same thing on TLC.. same video

the drs were saying its normal and happens just not THAT often.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• it was prob. that same video I saw.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think there is definately something wrong with your brain or with your personality if you get pleasure from felling pain. People who enjoy pain are usually abused as kids or young adults. Or did NOT learn how a normal healthy relationship is supposed to work. If the only way you got any attention from your parents as a kid was to misbehave and get a spanking from it, of course your going to be an adult who gets off on pain because the only way you got love or attention as a kid was when you were being punished.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:53 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• like tattoos.. i LOVE the pain of them... i wasnt abused as a kid.. i was loved and i got attention
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Ok, so I WAS abused as a kid, but it depends on what kind of pain you're talking about. I HATE being spanked and stuff like that, but I love to be bitten and scratched during sex (not REALLY hard, just enough for it to start to hurt a little bit). It kind of brings me back to the moment and makes my focus sharper, so I feel MORE. But I get the same thing from being passionately kissed during.

I also love tattoos and piercings, but it's because the tiny bit of pain that I might feel gives me a sort of "high." I don't really think that's the pain, though, because I rarely felt pain with my tats or piercings. I almost got off when my nipple was pierced lol, but it didn't hurt til later.

As far as childbirth, I didn't have an orgasmic birth at all lol. I had no drugs, so I felt it all, but the only "pleasure" I experienced was finally having my pregnancy over with and being so close to holding my daughter for the first time.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2010