Would you trust a door to door window salesman?

We had someone come to the door selling windows. He was just making appointments for someone to come and give an estimate, I left my husband to deal with him and he made an appointment for Friday. He doesn't remember the name or would google them.

tazdvl

Asked by tazdvl at 1:21 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Eek - not in this day and age...
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• New windows would be major expense. How would someone going door to door know that you needed new windows? I think getting new windows is something that you would have been thinking about for a while and you should be the one deciding who will get the job. I would not let anyone going door to door selling something thats going to take a big chunk of my cash inside my home. Especially if I've never heard of the company.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 1:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Don't sign or agree to anything until you've had a chance to get additional quotes from other contractors, and check out all contractors for reviews. Don't let anyone hurry you into making a decision; this is too expensive and important a job to let yourself be pressured into signing a contract ASAP.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't trust anyone who comes to my door selling something.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm with Beeky. There is NO reason in this day and age to be selling things door to door. I flatly refuse to buy anything that relies on cold calls and door to door.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't trust anyone selling dor-to-door, unless it's a neighborhood kid selling for school fundraising.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Probably not unless someone I personally knew refered them.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010