What life event changed you? (and how?)

Niki_sd

Asked by Niki_sd at 1:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• The sudden and unexpected death of my father, made me realize how short life is and how I should always express my feelings to those I love, before it is too late.

Answer by older at 8:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I went through something really bad and after that I kind of went nuts. I started sleeping around with a lot of guys, I was doing drugs and I was drinking 24/7. Anything to numb the pain I was going through. I hated my life and myself. Then I got pregnant with my daughter and I stopped doing what I was doing and moved away for 6 months. Things came crashing down when my grandpa was killed, but I stayed strong for my kids sake. If I hadn't of had my kids then, I don't know where I would be. His death really beyond devastated me.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:46 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• getting pregnant with my daughter i was going down the wrong road i was in to drugs and alot of stupid things and i found out i was pregnant i turned my life around that day knowing i was going to be a mommy
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 1:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• realizing that i was pregnant. my boyfriend was pissing around and planned to leave me the week i told him i was pregnant... i got really sad for a long time because i choose to work to being the better person - ended up only hurting myself

i grew up quite abit though. got a decent job i hated and kept it till i couldnt function anymore (my due date was coming up and i was sick constantly) i had save enough to be a sahm - had a hard time finding a job though when i wanted to. ended up going back to the job i hated - didnt sleep well because my son hated me being gone and refused to sleep long if he knew i was going to work the next morning.

i kept the job and until i realized i had to give myself more credit and get back in school. here i am. things arent great but i am nearly done with school. when i am done i will be so much better off.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• When my Dad died and I did CPR on him... cracking ribs and all. I found out I can handle just about anything

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• When my best friend died in a terrible accident.

It was so devasating... but I realized I am strong enough to hang when things get hard. I weeded out a lot of non-friends that were shallow and users... which was good. I have never been as fun and light hearted as before... which I miss.
    Niki_sd

Comment by Niki_sd (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• When my husband had a massive stroke. He survived but was right side paralyzed, unable to speak, comprehend or eat. Made me realize all the things we take for granted.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• When my ex-husband got put in prison for beating up on me and my kids. I finally found out that I can do for myself, and that I don't need a man to do for me. I have met my best friend and soul mate now and we respect each other and always talk about everything.
    angelmom3569

Answer by angelmom3569 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010