My son is about 10 mo old, and even when exhausted I cannot get him to go down for a more than 15 min nap...any suggestions?

I guess it may be my fault? Up until he was about 7 mo he slept in my bed...but now he just won't take a nap unless I take one holding him. He goes down in the crib at night just fine though. I try and let him cry it out, but he screams and screams. He might go down for 15 min tops, then he's scraming again. What do I do, I'm at a complete loss! HELP!!!

kricketsong

Asked by kricketsong at 1:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OK this is what my pediatrician told me. I didn't agree at first but when I got at the end of my patience I finally tried it and it worked.
    Put him in his crib and tuck him in. Say goodnight to him and leave the room.
    He will probably start crying. Wait 5-10 minutes, then go tuck him in again. Give him a kiss and say goodnight.
    Leave the room.
    Wait another 5-10 minutes and go in there and do the same again.

You can do that up to 4 times he said. He said he will eventually fall asleep.
    And the good part is that he will start to know the routine. Every time you do this it should take less time for him to fall asleep.

Thats my input. If it makes you uncomfortable to do it (like it did to me at first) then dont do it.
    Every parent is different.
    Good luck mama!
    MandyAshley

Answer by MandyAshley at 9:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• check out magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous