How do you live with depression

i dont even know where to bein all i know is that more and more often i wonder if my family would be better if i left them and i cant seem to shake those feelins from time to time i am on meds but i think thins are still missin and i cant piece them toether i am oin back to the dr. next week and am just lookin for some advice

amberbenac

Asked by amberbenac at 1:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• Maybe you could try to keep busy. You could either work more or pick up some hobbies. Also, do you ever workout? That might help. Maybe you could join a volunteer organization and meet people?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ask yourself why you feel this way. Ask yourself if you had unrealistic expectations about how married life with kids was going to be. To many young people today live in a fantasy world of how adult life is and then when real life dosnt meet those fantasy's depression sets in. See your Dr for sure, but consider support groups of other Mom's and women like you. Think about a counselor who can help you learn to cope with how your life actually is, not how you thought it was going to be.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well I understand this feeling, sort of like what is the point after all? Some how you need to find what is your thing. Something that gives you fulfillment. It took me years to figure out what mine is. I called it my search for a hobby. Doing it (quilting) gives me a quiet time for my self, it makes me happpy, I make something that others can use, when I make it I feel love for others.
    Call your doctor and ask if you can be seen sooner because what ever your doing seems to be falling short. There are many different medications and different ways to take them. Are you seeing a therapist? If you can go to a psychiatrist it is very helpful. I really believe in specialists they are really on top of their game.
    You are not alone I do understand how you feel. If you need to talk to some one please feel free to text me. You can always call a suicide prevention hot line. 1-800-273-8255 They really are the experts.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2010